5 Benefits of Coconut for Dogs
We’re nuts about coconuts, and thankfully, so are dogs!
Coconuts offer several health benefits for dogs, including:
- Rich in healthy fats: Coconut oil is high in healthy medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which can help improve overall energy, metabolism, and skin and coat health.
- Antifungal and antibacterial: Coconut oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties, which can help improve a dog's skin and coat health and promote overall hygiene.
- Anti-inflammatory: Coconut oil contains anti-inflammatory compounds, which can help reduce inflammation in dogs with conditions like arthritis.
- Good for digestive health: Coconut oil can help improve digestive health by promoting the absorption of nutrients, reducing inflammation in the gut, and preventing constipation.
- Supports immune system: Coconut oil is rich in lauric acid, which supports the immune system and has antiviral and antimicrobial properties.
Some bonus good news: If your pup's paws are dry, use coconut oil to help moisturise them. Make sure to rub the coconut oil thoroughly into your dog's paws though, or your dog will lick it all off before it’s had a chance to work its magic.