7 reasons why insect protein is better than meat protein
It’s no secret we’re huge fans of insect protein. Here are a bunch of reasons why.
- Insects require less land and water to farm than traditional livestock.
- Insects produce less greenhouse gases and ammonia than traditional livestock.
- Insects can be fed on organic waste, reducing the need for additional food sources.
- Insects are a highly efficient source of protein, with some species converting up to 2 times more of their food into protein than cows.
- Insects are rich in essential nutrients such as iron and zinc.
- Insects are a more sustainable source of protein as they have a faster growth rate and reproductive cycle than traditional livestock.
- Insects are a good alternative source of protein for pets (and people!) with certain dietary restrictions such as food allergies.